Forgot your password?

Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of coatings are available?

At Avlon printing we have a wide range of coatings available. 

Aqueous Coating

Aqueous coating is a water based coating that is applied to full colour print projects to provide a high-gloss surface that is resistant to dirt and fingerprint marks. This provides a shiny appearance.

Matte Finish

This finish has a satin coating instead of a glossier coating that is applied after the ink has been offset on the paper. This provides a little resistance to dirt and fingerprint marks, but not as much as an aqueous or UV coating.

UV Coating

UV Coating is a heavy, very slick glossy coating that is applied to the printed paper after the ink. The slick and very glossy surface makes it very eye catching and the most resistant coating to dirt and fingerprint marks.

C1S, C2S

Coating can be applied to one or both sides of the paper. C1S means that coating is on one side of the project. C2S means that coating is on two sides (Coat 2 Sides). If you are planning to mail or write on one of the sides - such as the back of a business card or postcard, we suggest you do not have that side printed in full colour as all of our full colour projects are automatically coated. Check with your mail house if you are planning to have your project mailed as some mail houses cannot address properly due to their inkjet labelling process smearing from the finish. Ballpoint pens will also not write effectively on gloss products so if you are mailing the project yourself you will need to use a label instead of hand addressing.

Return to Frequently Asked Questions

T: 03 9555 7544 F: 03 9555 7547
1A Viking Crt, Cheltenham North, VIC Australia, 3192
Copyright 2006 AVLON PRINTING - Privacy - Contact Us